|Categories: graphics,printing||Status: STABLE|
|Author: Ulrich Telle||wxWidgets supported ports: wxMSW, wxGTK, wxMac|
|Current maintainer: Ulrich Telle||wxWidgets supported versions: 2.8, 2.9|
|Latest version: 0.9.4||Build system: Bakefile-based|
|Programming language: C++||Samples provided: 30|
|External dependencies: none||Documentation: doxygen|
|Description: wxPdfDocument allows wxWidgets applications to generate PDF documents. The code is a port of FPDF - a free PHP class for generating PDF files - to C++ using the wxWidgets library. Several add-on PHP scripts found on the FPDF web site are incorporated into wxPdfDocument. Embedding of PNG, JPEG, GIF and WMF images is supported. In addition to the 14 standard Adobe fonts it is possible to use other Type1 or TrueType fonts - with or without embedding them into the generated document. In Unicode build CJK fonts are supported, too. Graphics primitives allow the creation of simple drawings.|
|Links for wxPdfDocument:|
- August 2013
Version 0.9.4 of wxPdfDocument has been released and is available for download.
This is mainly a bug fixing release.
A package with precompiled Windows binaries for the wxPdfDocument utilities MakeFont and ShowFont has been added to the file release section wxPdfDocument Add-Ons. The file release provides additional tools, fonts and applications which may be of interest to users of wxPdfDocument.
Currently the following add-ons are provided for use with wxPdfDocument:
- wxpdfdoc-utilities-1.2.zip - Precompiled Windows binaries for the wxPdfDocument utilities MakeFont and ShowFont
- wxpdfdoc-dejavu-2.12.zip - Preprocessed DejaVu Unicode fonts version 2.12
- wxpdfdoc-ttf2ufm.zip - A modfied version of the utility TTF2UFM which allows to generate AFM and UFM files from TrueType or OpenType font files as needed for the wxPdfDocument utility MakeFont. A Windows executable is included.
NOTE: The AFM files generated by the modified version of TTF2UFM are only usable with the MakeFont utility included in wxPdfDocument version 0.8.5 and above.
The doxygen-generated documentation for this component is available online here. Please let me know if you think something is missing.
To get an impression what can be done with this component take a look at the sample documents generated with wxPdfDocument:
- Hello world!
- Header, footer, page break and image embedding
- Line breaks and colors
- Links and flowing text
- Font embedding
- Document outline
- Chinese/Japanese/Korean (You need CJK support installed for Acrobat Reader)
- Using clipping areas
- Graphics primitives
- Setting access permissions
- Setting password protection (User password: Hello, Owner password: World)
- Rotating text and image
- Embedding Windows Meta File image
- Geometric transformations
- Color gradients
- Simple charting examples
- Simple label printing examples
- PDF forms example
- Text styling using simple markup language
- Alpha transparency and image masks
- Internal templates
- External templates
- Using a font with 2 different encodings
- List of usable system fonts
- Layers (Optional Content Groups)
Ordered, Grouped, Nested, Automatic layers, Radio group
- Direct glyph writing
- Indic script support
Full Moon in 9 Indic Scripts, Indic Fonts and Languages
- File attachments (new)
Information about known bugs is now placed on a separate page.
To submit a bug report please look at wxCode support page.
Enhancements planned for the next versions:
Version 0.9.5: wxWidgets printing support via wxPdfGraphicsContext based on wxPdfDocument.
To submit a feature request please look at wxCode support page.
Supporting further development
If you find wxPdfDocument useful and would like to support the further development of this wxWidgets component, you may make a donation by clicking on the button on the left.