|Categories: control,graphics||Status: STABLE|
|Author: Moskvichev Andrey V.||wxWidgets supported ports: all|
|Current maintainer: Andrey||wxWidgets supported versions: 2.8|
|Latest version: 1.6||Build system: Bakefile-based|
|Programming language: C++||Samples provided: 1|
|External dependencies: none||Documentation: doxygen|
|Description: wxFreeChart is a powerful charting library, designed with flexibility in mind.
It has a Model-Controller-View design and it can draw the following chart types: line/point/area charts based on XY coordinates, bar charts, stacked bar charts, layered bar charts, OHLC bar and candlestick financial charts, pie charts, bubble charts. wxFreeChart has advanced features, like: data markers, various data access helper classes, legend, various axis types.|
|Links for wxFreeChart:|
› Website | › Screenshots | › Documentation | › Browse Subversion | › Download |
› Edit this component's info (for maintainers only)
wxFreeChart can draw following chart types
- Line XY charts.
- Histogram XY charts.
- Area XY charts.
- Bar charts.
- Stacked bar charts.
- Layered bar charts.
- OHLC bars financial charts.
- OHLC candlesticks financial charts.
- Bubble charts.
- Gantt charts.
- Easy to use: you create chart with minimal coding, only few lines to create charts with different configurations.
- High flexibility: you can create different types of charts with many different configurations.
- Charts scrolling.
- Multiple axes with different locations (top, bottom, left, right).
- Legend with different locations.
- Composite axes.
- Data markers: point, line, range.
- Axes font, text color, grid lines, chart lines, chart background - everything can be changed.
- Various visual features, like: gradient areas, gradient bars, etc.
- All-in-one solution. The same approach for different chart types.
- Clean MCV design. You can use different renderers to draw charts content, with many different data sources.
- High performance.
- Dynamic charting: data change triggers chart redrawing. No additional coding is needed.
- Charts can be saved as images or printed.
- Full documented code.
- Step-by-step detailed examples.
The documentation for this component is available online
Donate to support project development
None. To submit a bug report please look at wxCode support page.
- Transparency for bubble charts, histogram charts.
- Interval axes.
- Add levels/fractals/etc support to OHLCPlot. Make OHLCPlot suitable for technical analysis applications.
- Make axis marks drawing more flexible.
- Add zoom to plots.
- Pie plots.
- Statistical plots.
- Make wxFreeChart to work on handheld wxWidgets ports.
To submit a feature request please look at wxCode support page.